Friday, October 18, 2013

Journal #4 1st Quarter

The novel The Archer's Tale, by Bernard Cornwell is so far a great book. I would recommend this book to any of my friends. It tells the tale of a young hero and it has all the action and drama needed. The author sets up the first book perfectly to continue on in the series. I enjoyed the way the author used imagery is his descriptions. I could see the story in my head as I read through the book. Even some of the gory scenes were descriptive. Another thing I liked about this book is the way Cornwell started it. He had the main character start from complete destruction and built him up through his goal of revenge on the mercenaries and his goal to retrieve the lance. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to finish the book, but I got pretty far into it. I want to read the rest of the series because this author appeals to my taste. I never really liked reading before, but now I realize that I have not been reading the right books for my taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment