Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Quarter 3 Blog#3 The Hobbit

The Hobbit: Book and Movie Comparison

I've read The Hobbit, by J.R.R Tolkein a few times over the years. I have also seen both the movies that are based on the book. The movies have mostly stayed the same with the book except for a few changes. The most changes I have seen were in the most recent movie. One major change they added to the movie was adding the characters Tauriel and Legolas. These characters are two elves in Mirkwood that are made up in the movie. They help Bilbo and the dwarves escape Mirkwood and fight off the goblins. I think he added these characters to contribute to the plot so he could make another movie out of the book. Another change that I noticed is the talking eagles that flew Bilbo and the dwarves to safety. In the book, the eagles spoke to them and were friendly. In the movie the eagles did not speak, but they still flew them to safety. I also noticed that the goblins were more persistent in the movie. The goblins still followed Bilbo and his band of dwarves, but you saw more of it in the movie. I think the director did this to include more action in the movie. The last major change I noticed is in the first movie. The character Radagast plays an important role in the movie and he is doesn't do much at all in the book. These changes are small and the movie stays with the plot pretty well. I enjoyed both of these movies and I can not wait to see the third one.

No comments:

Post a Comment